WordPress is one of the most popular and versatile platforms for creating websites. However, not all WordPress themes and plugins are created equal. Some are bloated, slow, and hard to customize, while others are limited, outdated, and lackluster.
If you are looking for a WordPress theme that lets you visually build performant WordPress sites with confidence and in record time, you should check out Bricks Builder. Bricks Builder is a premium WordPress theme that combines the power of a visual site builder with the flexibility of a theme framework. In this article, we will review some of the features and benefits of Bricks-Builder.
What is Bricks Builder?
Bricks Builder is a visual site builder for WordPress that allows you to create your entire site visually, from header to footer and anything in between. You can customize every aspect of your site right in the builder without touching a single line of code. You can also insert dynamic data, edit and preview multiple breakpoints for a fully responsive website optimized for mobile, and use smart features to help you build better sites in less time.
Bricks Builder is not a plugin but a theme. This means that it does not add any extra bloat or overhead to your site but rather replaces your existing theme with a lightweight and performant one. Bricks-Builder also uses clean and valid markup and smart lazy loading of all your assets to ensure that your site loads fast and scores high on performance metrics.
Why Choose Bricks Builder?
There are many reasons why you should choose Bricks Builder over other WordPress themes or plugins. Here are some of the main ones:
- Speed: Bricks Builder is designed with speed in mind. It uses the latest Vue.js 3 framework (inside the builder) to deliver a fast and smooth editing experience. It also generates lightweight and optimized code that makes your site load faster and score higher on performance tests. In fact, Bricks Builder can achieve a 100/100 GTmetrix score out of the box without any optimization plugin needed.
- Customization: Bricks-Builder gives you complete control over every aspect of your site. You can customize everything from colors, fonts, backgrounds, borders, margins, paddings, animations, transitions, shadows, filters, gradients, shape dividers, and more. You can also create custom theme styles to make any design your own. You can even create your own elements with PHP, HTML, and CSS or use hooks and filters to customize everything down to a color palette, save messages, and so on.
- Responsiveness: Bricks-Builder lets you create responsive websites that look great on any device. You can edit and preview multiple breakpoints in the builder and adjust the layout and style for each one. You can also use conditional visibility to show or hide elements based on device type or screen size. Bricks-Builder also supports adaptive images that automatically resize and optimize for different devices.
- Templates: Bricks Builder comes with ready-made templates that you can use to hit the ground running. You can choose from various categories such as business, blog, portfolio, landing page, e-commerce, and more. You can also import or export templates from other sources or create your own template library.
- WooCommerce: Bricks Builder is fully compatible with WooCommerce, the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress. You can use Bricks Builder to create stunning online stores that showcase your products and services. You can customize every aspect of your WooCommerce store, such as product pages, cart pages,
checkout pages, shop pages,
- SEO: Bricks Builder helps you build WordPress sites that rank well on Google. It uses clean and semantic markup that follows the best practices for SEO. It also supports schema markup,
- Multilingual: Bricks Builder supports multilingual websites that cater to different audiences and markets. You can use plugins such as WPML or Polylang to translate your site into different languages. You can also use conditional visibility to show or hide elements based on language settings.
- Developer-friendly: Bricks Builder is a developer’s dream. It allows you to create your own elements with PHP, HTML, and CSS without any complicated build or compile process. You can also use hooks and filters to customize everything in Bricks Builder. Moreover, you can extend Bricks Builder in any way imaginable by adding your own endpoints to the Bricks API.
What’s New (Changelog) in Bricks Builder v1.9.4
- Maintenance ModeNEW
- Unlimited Remote Template URLsNEW
- Popup render via AJAXNEW
- Popup: New “Display on breakpoints” popup settingNEW
- Create & select template tags when creating a template in the builderNEW
- Gradient: New conic and radial gradient settings (shape, position, size, angle)NEW
- New filter: bricks/builder/image_size_options (to modify image size options in the builder)NEW
- Scroll snap: Add “unset” option (to disable scroll snap on specific breakpoint)NEW
- WMPL & Polylang: Add language code to post title (in builder panel)NEW
- Mini Cart element: New setting “Don’t close on click outside mini cart”NEW
- Custom Authentication Pages: Access default WP login page via URL param “brx_use_wp_login”NEW
- Custom Login Page: Support “redirect_to” URL parameterIMPROVE
- Load more (Query loop): Hide button when there are no resultsIMPROVE
- WPML & Template element: Use the translated “Template” elementIMPROVE
- Adobe Fonts: Use CSS names instead of font slugFIX
- Condition: “is not” always returns true when comparing against post status (multi-select)FIX
- Copy & paste all elements breaks the structure (in specific instance)FIX
- Counter element: Duration not working correct if count number is very smallFIX
- Custom Fonts (admin screen): PHP 8 error with Japanese languageFIX
- Dynamic data: “echo” function not rendering with non-roman character argumentsFIX
- Dropdown: ::before gets added on mobileFIX
- Element classes dropdown: Unable to open the dropdownFIX
- Form element: Loading spinner doesn’t show without an icon setFIX
- Form element: Reset password action hidden fields not removedFIX
- JetEngine: Posts field in the query loop returns empty resultFIX
- CMB and Pods: PHP errorFIX
- Page Settings: Footer scripts were not save (with Bricks settings “auto-expand panel” enabled)FIX
- Pie Chart element: Support use of CSS variable colorsFIX
- Polylang: Use the correct language-specific search templateFIX
- Polylang: Media translation issue (with Carousel)FIX
- Posts element: Grid columns breaking (sometimes)FIX
- Reading Progress Bar element: Styling issue on Safari desktop/iOSFIX
- Related Posts element: “Max. related posts” is not 3 (when using default single post template)FIX
- Settings injected via bricks/element/settings hook not being used by Carousel or Related PostsFIX
- Page settings not applied for post status draftFIX
- Spanish translation: Wrong hCaptcha notice labelFIX
- Theme update: Missing CSS if element with same custom CSS “id” used on different pageFIX
- WooCommerce: Products query settings not reflected on the canvasFIX
- WooCommerce: Undefined variable $order (Template: Pay)FIX
- Heading & Basic text element: “0” is not renderedFIX
Sales Page of Bricks Builder WP Theme
Free Download Bricks Builder Latest Version