If you want to translate your WordPress site into multiple languages, you might have come across the GTranslate plugin. This plugin offers a budget-friendly, easy-to-use solution that combines automatic and human translations. But is it really worth it? How does it compare to other translation plugins? And what are its features and benefits? In this article, we will answer these questions and more as we review the GTranslate WordPress plugin in detail.
What is GTranslate?
GTranslate is a WordPress plugin that uses Google Translate to translate your site content automatically into over 100 languages. It also allows you to edit the translations manually or hire professional translators for a fee. With GTranslate, you can make your site multilingual and reach a wider audience without affecting your site's speed or performance.
GTranslate has a free version and several paid plans, depending on your needs and budget. The free version offers basic features, such as a language switcher widget, right-to-left language support, and Google Analytics integration. The paid plans offer more advanced features like multilingual SEO, neural machine translations, URL translation, and an in-context translation interface.
What are the features and benefits of GTranslate?
GTranslate has many features and benefits, making it a popular choice among WordPress users. Here are some of them:
- Google Translate quality: GTranslate uses Google Translate, one of the world's most widely used and reliable translation services. Google Translate uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide accurate and natural translations, especially for the most common languages. It also supports neural machine translations, which are more human-like and fluent than the standard ones.
- SEO compatibility: GTranslate offers full SEO compatibility for the paid plans, which means that search engines will index your translated pages and appear in the search results. This can help you increase your traffic and revenue from different countries and regions. GTranslate also supports search engine-friendly (SEF) URLs, URL translation, hreflang tags, and Yoast SEO integration, which can improve your site ranking and visibility.
- Translation management: GTranslate allows you to manage your translations in various ways. You can choose between automatic or manual translations or a combination of both. You can also edit the translations yourself or hire professional translators for a fee. You can also use the in-context translation interface, which lets you edit the translations directly on your site without losing the context or layout.
- Theme and plugin compatibility: GTranslate is compatible with most WordPress themes and plugins, including WooCommerce, Gutenberg, and WPBakery. It can translate your posts, pages, categories, tags, menus, widgets, themes, and plugins without any coding or configuration. It also supports dynamic gettext and SEO pack translation, which can translate the strings generated by your theme or plugin.
- Language switcher options: GTranslate offers various options for displaying the language switcher on your site. You can use a shortcode, a menu item, or a floating dropdown menu. You can also choose from different styles, such as flags, language names, codes, globes, or popups. You can also enable lazy loading for the language flags and js libraries, boosting your site performance.
- Right-to-left language support: GTranslate supports right-to-left languages, such as Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian. It can automatically detect and adjust the direction of the text, as well as the layout and alignment of the elements on your site.
How to install and use GTranslate?
Installing and using Google Translate is straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Select for Google Translate and click on Install Now.
- Activate the plugin and go to Settings > Google Translate.
- Choose your original language and the languages you want to translate your site into.
- Choose your language switcher option and style, and customize it as you wish.
- Save the changes and check your site to see the language switcher.
What are the pros and cons of GTranslate?
Like any other plugin, GTranslate has its pros and cons. Here are some of them:
- It uses Google Translate, which is a reliable and high-quality translation service.
- It offers full SEO compatibility for paid plans, which can increase your traffic and revenue from different markets.
- It allows you to manage your translations in various ways, such as editing, hiring, or using the in-context interface.
- It is compatible with most WordPress themes and plugins and can translate your entire site's content.
- It offers various options and styles for the language switcher and supports right-to-left languages.
- The free version has limited features and does not offer SEO compatibility or neural machine translations.
- The premium plans can be expensive, especially if you must translate your site into many languages or hire professional translators.
- The automatic translations can be inaccurate or unnatural, especially for less common or complex languages.
- The plugin depends on Google Translate, which means that if Google changes its service or policies, it can affect the plugin's functionality or availability.
Sales Page of Google Translate Plugin
Free Download Google Translate Plugin